Are you going to get an eyelash extension soon? Before getting an eyelash extension you need to know the ins and the outs, the ups and the downs.
In the previous blog we have covered eyelash extensions and its types. Check it out if you haven’t yet.
Now that you know the basics of eyelash extensions. Let’s get into its benefits, drawbacks and its cost so you can make an informed decision.
- Long lasting – Unlike mascara, eyelash extensions are long lasting. If you go for a temporary eyelash it will last for a day or two and if you opt for a permanent extension. It will last for 2 to 3 weeks.
- Customisable – Eyelash extensions are available in different materials, sizes and styles. You can customize your lashes as per your preferences to get the best look.
- Waterproof – After 48 hours of application, the lashes are waterproof. You can wash your face like you do normally.
- Less makeup – Not always does a girl have the time or energy to do makeup. She has great things to do and achieve! You don’t have to worry about that if you get eyelash extensions. You can have flawless lashes all the time.
- Painless – This process is absolutely painless. If applied properly, you won’t feel any pain. Each lash is carefully applied to your natural lashes.
- No more mascara – No more smudging, flaking, running or stressing that one eye’s lashes always look better than the other.
- Lift – Curling with mascara doesn’t last for a long time and you have to curl it regularly. Eyelash extensions give you the perfect long lasting curl saving your time and effort.
- No damage – Many treatments or components in a mascara can be damaging to the lashes. If applied properly, eyelash extensions are completely safe and won’t damage your natural lashes at all.
- Enhance your look – If chosen correctly, the length, style and material for eyelash extension can enhance your eyes and deliver the perfect look you had in your mind’s eyes.
- Time consuming – Eyelash extension appointments can be often long and time taking. It can take an average of 2-3 hours depending on the style and lash professional. So you have to be prepared to sit for long hours.
- Maintenance – In order to maintain your eyelash extensions, you might need to go in every few weeks for touch up and refills.
- Infections – Different salons use different glues. Some components may be allergic to you causing damage and irritation to your lashes. Always ask for a test when opting for an eyelash extension.
- Expensive – Eyelash extensions can be expensive depending on the type of the extension you are choosing and your salon.
Cost of eyelash extension varies from salon to salon and also it is based on the type of lashes you chose.
An eyelash extension may cost you on average Rs 5000 and an additional cost of Rs 2000 to Rs 4000 for touch ups and refills.
We hope this information was helpful for you in making an informed decision!